MUSCATINE, Iowa – Eight street sections around Muscatine are undergoing “emergency” repairs by Heuer Construction, the prime contractor for the Full Depth Patching Project. The repairs will be full-depth patching with traffic control devices in place around work areas. The duration of lane restrictions for each area is weather dependent.
The eight areas include:
- Vista Court at Bidwell Road
- Clay Street at Howard Avenue
- Roscoe Avenue near 11th Street
- Oregon Street near Earl Avenue
- Benham Avenue at Oregon Street
- Miles Avenue near Nebraska Street
- Spinning Wheel Court at Tanglefoot.
The areas were not contained in the original contract but were added once the city determined they did not have the manpower to address these areas that needed immediate attention.
Drivers are urged to use caution when driving in or around these areas and to use alternate routes if possible. Travel delays are possible as the work progresses.