Serving the General Public
MuscaBus services are open to the general public, including persons with disabilities. No animals are allowed on the buses, except for service animals.
- A ROUTE ride fare is $1.00 per ride.
- Transfers on route rides are free.
- Children under 5 ride free with a paying adult on routes.
- A sheet of 12 ROUTE tickets is $12.00.
- A monthly ROUTE flash pass is $32.00.
- PARATRANSIT (Shuttle), JARC and New Freedom rides are $2.00 per ride. A sheet of 12 PARATRANSIT tickets is $24.00.
- SHELL rides are $1.50 each ride but riders need to pay for entire month. Tickets are not available for Shell Service.
No Bus Service on Holidays
No service is provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
MuscaBus operates Red, Blue, and Yellow routes from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Green Route operates from 7:25 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Saturdays, MuscaBus operates Red and Blue routes from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
MuscaBus Priority Seating Policy
The FTA requires that the elderly and persons with disabilities be given priority seating near the front of the bus. MuscaBus does require able-bodied persons to vacate the priority seats if they should be needed by the elderly or a person with disabilities.
MuscaBus Riding Policy
These procedures have been established for your protection and to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle.
- The driver is the authority on the bus. Passengers must comply with all instructions given by MuscaBus drivers.
- A valid ticket, pass, transfer or cash payment is required. Drivers do not make change.
- Passengers must remain seated at all times while the vehicle is moving.
- Use hand rails when boarding and exiting the bus.
- Excessive noise is not allowed. Speak at a reasonable volume so individual conversations do not disrupt other riders.
- Offensive language is not allowed. MuscaBus is "G" rated.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Eating or drinking on the bus is not allowed. Food or drink transported on the bus must be in a container.
- Smoking is prohibited on buses and in or near the bus shelters.
- Limit your carry-on material to what you can carry. Drivers can charge an additional .75 per bag beyond 4 paper grocery sacks, or 6-8 plastic grocery bags.
- One 13 gallon trash bag is the limit for empty cans.
- Grocery wagon carts are not allowed on the bus.
MuscaBus operates paratransit service for individuals unable to access the route bus due to disability. The operating hours for paratransit service are Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. All rides are $2.00 each. A sheet of 12 paratransit tickets is available for $24.00. Personal care attendants ride free when accompanying a rider with a disability. Arrangements for a paratransit ride need to be made a day in advance. Call 263-8152 to schedule. This service began as "Dial-A-Ride" and has also been called "shuttle" service.
For ParaTransit rides, be prepared for your ride 15 minutes prior to your scheduled paratransit pickup. Drivers will wait three minutes, unless special arrangements have been made in advance.
Cancellations must be phoned into MuscaBus. The phone is answered from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays. The number is 263-8152. If you fail to call to cancel your ride, it will be considered a "no show". Three no-shows will result in suspended service for one month.
MuscaBus reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who conducts themselves in a manner which is deemed unsafe, disruptive or may otherwise impose concerns for the safety of passenger(s) or driver.
Bike & Ride
MuscaBus now hosts four bike racks that are on buses #242, #253, #254, and #255. For additional information on what route to find these buses, please contact MuscaBus at 263-8152 for the schedule that day. Bike & Ride offering allows passengers to use the bicycle rack free of charge with the purchase of a regular bus fare ticket or monthly flash pass.